What is a sales rockstar you ask……………..?
Someone who sells A LOT!
They are the sales professionals who dominate the leaderboard, the ones who never struggle to hit targets and the ones who take home the very BIG commission cheque at the end of the month.
If you work in sales you’ll know it’s not that easy at all, so what do they do differently? What is the secret to their sales success?
I’ve worked with and managed some of the most amazing sales rockstars and here are the 10 secrets to their sales success:
1) Set Your OWN Targets – Most salespeople work towards whatever sales target they get set by management. Sales rockstars often set their OWN sales targets based not on what the company wants them to earn but what they want to earn.
2) Start Earlier – Almost every sales rockstar I’ve worked with has been one of the first (if not THE first) in the office every day. Why? It allows them to get focused and ready, it allows them to reach customers earlier when they’re more likely to answer and it allows them to take control of their day.
3) Personalise The Sales – Every single sales rockstar that I’ve met and worked with makes every sale about the customer, not them. It’s not about their product or the salesperson but all about the customer, their problems and how this will help them. They’ll use names, stories and information that they uncover in the conversation to make everything about them and unique to them.
4) Avoid Distractions – The sales office can often be a distracting place, and there is always time for banter and fun, but sales rockstars know when to put their head down and work hard. They know when to say no.
5) Qualify Your Prospects – Sales rockstars don’t waste their time trying to sell to anyone, they work hard to find the RIGHT people to sell to. They qualify them to make sure they invest their time in opportunities likely to close.
6) LOVE Objections – Sales rockstars are happy to deal with objections, they’re confident in their product and they’ve qualified the customer so they’re confident it’s the right solution for them so the objection isn’t scary. Ok you don’t have to love them, but you need to be happy, prepared and confident in overcoming them.
7) Use All Tools Available – You’ve got sell smart to be a sales rockstar and that means using all available tools. If they’re not answering the phone, leave an engaging voicemail, send an email, connect on social and so on. You’ve got to be focused on your mission to help your customer. They don’t just use these tools but they master them, they learn how to use them properly and then practice to find their perfect approach.
8) Don’t sell, SOLVE – Too many sales people waste their time selling when sales rockstars are just solving problems for people with their solution. They’re not pushing the sale but reminding the customer about the problem and building the value in their solution.
9) Don’t Give Up – You need to be so passionate about helping people that you’re willing to work harder on the customer to help them. Don’t give up at the first hurdle, don’t take their rejections personally, just know that you’re job is to help show them how helpful your product will be for them. Where I see most sales people giving up, sales rockstars actually keep working on the opportunity, they push further and often then win the sale.
10) Use Emotional Intelligence – Sales rockstars have a high EQ and connect with their prospects and customers. They know that people buy from people so they build strong relationships, they LISTEN to their customers and find things in common to help build a connection.
In my experience if you can tap into those 10 areas you have the potential to unlock HUGE sales success. This isn’t theory, I’ve seen this first hand and done this myself. However I’m sure there are plenty more than these 10 tips that help drive sales rockstar success!
About the author:
Daniel Disney is one of the world's leading Sales, Social Selling and LinkedIn experts. With over 15 years sales experience, Daniel has mastered how to use social media to generate exceptional results, both in social engagement and in revenue generated. His brand new Online Social Selling Masterclass Course is helping salespeople all over the world generate MORE sales with LinkedIn and Social Selling.
Daniel is also a highly in-demand international keynote sales speaker, is the UK's leading sales blogger and is also the Founder and Owner of LinkedIn's most popular sales publication, The Daily Sales. With an audience of over 450,000+ followers and growing by thousands each week, his content reaches millions of salespeople far and wide.
To inquire about Daniel keynoting or speaking at your company or event, or to find out more about his 1-day and online LinkedIn/Social Selling Masterclass please email email@example.com.